Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:00:32 GMT, "Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I didn't try to question the AHJ, just doing what is necessary to get the
>building owner a CO.
>If the detector on the first floor trips then the car stops at second or
>alternate floor unless that is in alarm too then the door opens on place and
>stops the car.

<snip> ya I know...  I wanted to see the response.

The AHJ is wrong in your case, I've been though this before.

That may work for grandfathered bldgs. but not for new work.

Just like AHU and RTU duct detectors  'must' signal alarms -- it's not
true - duct detectors are not life safety devices and only MUST signal
supervisory signals, alarm is optional.

--

You know, it's the old glass box at the
At the gas station,

It's-

And it's all these arms are going down in there,
And so you keep dropping it
And picking it up again and moving it,

But-

Some of you are probably too young to remember those
Those glass boxes,

But-

But they used to have them
At all the gas stations
When I was a kid.

Dec. 6, 2001, Department of Defense news briefing - (Donald Rumsfeld)

- Graham

(remove the double e's to email)