Re: 4110XM wiring

Spladge wrote:
> An update--I found the paper. All it says is to connect the black wire
> from the alarm cabinet to the green phone wire and to connect the
> yellow to the red. Inside the alarm cabinet they have all 4 wires
> connected, terminal 17(black) 18(yellow) 19(green) 20(red), but don't
> use red and green at the other end. When I connect the wires at the
> interface I still get the FC code on the control panel.   Spladge
>

>  Spladge wrote:
>
>>Hi folks, nice group here. Back when I was working out of town and away
>>all week my wife wanted a security system so I told her to go ahead and
>>call someone. A while back I had some phone troubles and disconnected
>>the wiring at the Telco interface box since, apparently, the $99
>>installation didn't include the RJ31X jack. Now, it's a year later and
>>I want to reconnect the wires at the interface. When I disconnected the
>>wires I wrote down how they were connected. But, being an old geezer
>>and forgetful, I can't find the paper I wrote the connections on. I
>>would like to connect this system back. Can anyone tell me how it
>>should be connected at the interface? They just ran a phone wire from
>>the cabinet to the interface. The reason I don't just get the RJ31X and
>>do it properly right now is because I have more phone rewiring to do
>>and am not sure of the final routing. Basically, all I have right now
>>is a single phone line coming into one room utilizing the red and green
>>wires only.  Thanks, Spladge

First off, don't do anything with the wires connected to the alarm's
terminal strip.  From your post, those already appear to run to the
protector (what you call the interface).  If you only have one room
connected, you should be able to identify the terminals (tip and ring)
on the interface.  The red wire is hooked to "ring".  The green wire is
hooked to "tip".  You should have four wires in the interface that go to
the alarm panel.  Red, Green, Yellow, and Black.  Remove the green phone
wire from the terminal on the interface and connect it to the black wire
from the alarm panel.  Remove the red wire from the terminal on the
interface and connect it to  the yellow wire from the alarm panel.
Connect the red wire from the alarm panel to the terminal where the red
wire to the working phone was connected on the interface.  Connect the
gree wire from the alarm panel to the terminal where the gree wire to
the working phone was connected on the interface.  You should now have
dial tone on your one working phone.  The panel will now be able to
communicate as well (although your working phone will go "dead" when it
does).

To do all this properly it doesn't hurt to be a rocket scientist.  :-)