Re: alarm service contract time length question in CA

Iven...

CA alarm laws do not discuss the permissable length of contract term,
but they do regulate many other aspects of alarm company operations.

For instance, all CA burglar and fire alarm companies are required to be
licensed, as a precondition of engaging in business or using the courts
to enforce their subscriber contracts...  but many companies get away
without licenses...

See the recent thread "an inconvenient truth" for information on how one
company got away with being unlicensed, and how the state alarm industry
trade association circles the wagons to protect them.

Tell us the name of your alarm company... and the license numbers that
appear on the purported contract, and I'll check with the license folks
for you...

Nick