Re: Installalation Tips and Tools

bdolph wrote:
> Thanks everyone,
>
> Some really good tips everyone.  I just goes to show you that good
> install ideas do not have to be big and fancy.  I have often found that
> a new and simple idea can save time, money, and skinned knuckles.
>
> Thanks to everyone and keep them coming.  I am sure all in the group
> appreciates the feedback.
>
> He is my tip to share......
>
> I saw one tech at the installer fishing competition that, when fishing
> into an attic,  would leave just enough slack and a loose wire twist on
> the end of his fishing rod in order to give a short strong tug on the
> wire to break it free from the rod in the attic.    The wire would stay
> in the attic and he could pull the rod back down and do the next hole
> the same way.  He could do an entire house with one installer instead of
> two.
> BobbyD

I've cut up fish tape into 15' lengths.  You feed one up into the attic
with station Z attached to the other end.  With a Grabbit in the attic
you can do those runs with just one guy too.  It helps to have someone
"down below" to ensure the wire coming out of the box doesn't get
snagged (that really sucks when it happens).  Do your attic runs in the
early morning (before 9:00 am) and you won't have to contend with the
heat later on.