Re: Ultrasonic Sensors

>> > sure
> building
>> > ground
>> >
>> > Not to mention underground telephone, cable lines, electric, sprinkler
>> > systems, electric and anything else that might be in the way, when an
>> > unexperienced person grabs ahold of a ditch witch. Can be a dangerous
> tool
>> > for the novice. Be Careful If You Choose To Use This Type Of Machinery.
>> > Call
>> > For Locates. There are companies that will do the locates for you. Then
> if
>> > you hit something they will be responsible.
>>

>> Unless you hit an a/c svc line with a walk-behind trencher.... if so,
>> your
>> widow will be responsible for finding out who was responsible for
>> locating
>> the services.  ;-)
>
> I bet that would do wonders for the business end of the trencher too.
> Might
> knock off a tooth or two.

Yep. In another life, around 87-88, I did aerial and underground line
construction for a Cencom cable contractor (Cencom eventually became
Charter)
One of our crews hit a 3-phase line with a large Ditch Witch 3500 rider, and
it literally blew large rocks and pieces of dig chain out of the trench up
to 75 ft. away. Luckily, the operator had the good sense to jump as far as
he could off of the trencher onto the ground. Would have killed him for sure
if he had stepped off of it. Didn't hurt the trencher at all- new chain and
it was good to go.