Re: Napco GEM-P816

> Sorry, I was racking my brain with this at 2am last night. Anyway, I'm
> sure I have the proper manauals, Programming Instructions and
> Installation Instructions. Not clear on the reset procedure however.

There isn't a polished "reset" procedure.  Once you have the programming
access code you simply go in and change whatever you want.  In the manual it
lists the default code.  Have you tried that?

There is an *unpublished* way to default that panel though I've forgotten
the procedure.  As others have alluded, Jim Rojas and Bob Campbell, both of
whom participate here, know how to reset the board for you.  They charge a
nominal fee.

If you don't want to bother shipping the board you can just swap it.  The
P816 is an inexpensive panel and replacing it only takes a few minutes.
Programming a new board can be done using a PC (the software is free) or by
keypad (not recommended).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass