Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

> I have my own spreadsheet calculator with all the models of equipment I
> use
> already in it...just a matter of ticking off boxes. But, since I don't do
> commercial fire anymore I only use it for really big resi jobs. If you've
> been doing this junk for a few thousand years, you kinda just "know" when
> you're getting close to the limit for the brands of equipment you
> use...time
> to pull out hte spreadsheet:-)

Exactly.  Commercial fire was never our main emphasis though we did plenty
of commercial fire alarm installations.  On simple jobs with a few smokes,
pulls and strobes I could rough-guess the battery power needed but the
inspector would want to see the calculations so I usually used the one in
the manual or a standard form I printed on my laser.

On residential burglar alarm and home automation installations battery calcs
are almost never needed.  The typical job is fine with one 12 Volt, 7
AmpHour battery.  If there are CO detectors on the job though, I always did
the battery calculation because most of the older CO detectors drew loads of
current.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass