Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

> Actually I think it's more practical to do the calcs
> on paper with in-alarm ma ratings of all devices.

I always did my battery calcs as follows:

1.  Add up mA ratings of all devices that will be operational during an
alarm condition.  Deduct the drain for 1/4 hour of alarm sounding from the
available Amp-Hours.

2.  Add up mA ratings of only those devices which run when the system is not
in an alarm state.  Divide into the remaining AmpHours.

By calculating the current drawn in an alarm state first you allow the
system to run 24 hours (72 hours for some facilities) and still have enough
juice to sound the alarm for fifteen minutes.

I don't recall if that's actually required but it's the way I learned to do
it.  I never had a submittal turned down for battery calcs so I guess the
inspectors like it that way.  I've tried a few Excel battery calc
spreadsheets over the years and though they're quicker than using a hand
calculator they tend to be cumbersome and none of them cover all of the
different types of hardware you might use on any given job.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics