Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

> "Don" <dedeaux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | Thank you, Nomen, and everyone.  My system appears to be working
> | normally again.
> |
> | Basically, I followed Nomen's location 28 reset.  The system then came
> | up okay and I have done nothing more.

not a reset, tells system to come up in previous state.  You have turned
this off so if power and battery goes out while system armed and you are
out of town it will power up in off mode.  [not good]

> | I am wondering whether, however, anyone feels it is a bad idea to just
> | let it go?  For the sake of completion and clarity:
> |
> | - I installed the system, there is no service company.  I am just a
> | home owner, the only resident.
> |
> | - There is only one code in the system, the Installer code. For this
> | reason, I was loose in my earlier terminology use. This Installer code
> | is used to program, set, and clear the system.  Discussion here in re
> | the next code level down, Master, makes me wonder whether there is some
> | pressing reason to create this "secondary" level even though l am the
> | sole occupant?

only if you don't want to go through this again.  I know I don't. :)
looks like I was correct in earlier post to check master code.  you
stated you were using master code, I said if you were it would have
turned off.  :)  I'm good. :)

> | -For two reasons,  though installed, no sirens or strobes have yet been
> | connected.  1) the sound emitted by the keypads alone has seemed quite
> | sufficient to wake up the dead.  2) Due to some doubts, and earlier
> | problems, concerning power drain, I hesitate to add in these devices.
> |
> | [home run topology, every sensor a zone: 7 entry contacts, 23 window
> | contacts plus 19 4-wire glass breaks, 13 4-wire smokes, 2 4-wire CO, 3
> | 2-wire heat, 7 6150 keypads, 4 internal sirens, 1 external, 1 strobe.]

19 glass breaks must be diy.  lotta power needed for all that!

> | I have the extender with its own AC adapter, 8 expansion panels, and
> | three batteries connected to the 50p.
> |
> | My device load calculating is shaky.  Unfortunately, two different
> | professional installers also seemed unable to do the actual calculation
> | themselves.  A third outfit that supplies a lot of equipment throughout
> | New York as well as dispensing expertise, seemed to think I am well
> | within my power resources.  Nevertheless, I have had to disconnect
> | several glass breaks because they were clicking continuously though not
> | faulting.  The two pros actually have been to the site.  And as a
> | non-pro, my descriptions to the the third might well have been
> | inadequate and/or misleading.
> |
> | - Since the location 28 reset appears to have solved the problem, I
> | have not run the diagnostic on the working keypads suggested here.
> |
> | I think that covers everything.  Again, thanks to one and all for your
> | suggestions.
> |
> | Be well.
> |
> | Don Davis

excuse me for repling to Crash reply.  This message didn't show up for me.