Re: Napco GEM-P816

gatekeep@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, I recently bought a Napco GEM-P816. I was not provided with the
> manuals (which I have since found on Google in PDF format, or any of
> the codes). The panel itself does not have any dealer specific
> information on it, which pretty much stops me from inquiring with a
> dealer. I was wondering if there is any possible way to reset the panel
> to its original factory conditions, or have I been screwed?

My advice would be to purchase a new panel/keypad (and not used).  There
are a number of online resources that would help you with this.
(http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm)  If you're not
particular on the manufacturer, I'd shy away from Napco for the simple
reason that programming their higher end products from the keypad is a
real challenge (unless of course the equipment you purchased includes
some of their wireless products which sort of "locks you in" to using
Napco).  Ademco and DSC both make excellent systems that would probably
fit your situation and budget.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com