Re: Can a Napco system & DSL connection co-exist?

> yah, i log o/c's on all commercial, but only charge extra if they want
> supervised o/c's or monthly reports. The slight increase cost of logged o/cs
> vs me not sleeping at night if there was a b/i on a commercial site and I
> didn't  have documentation that the cleaning crew didn't arm, or opened at
> 2am for 20 minutes...just enough time to steal the copy machine.

Same here.  I did it that way for years.  Even if they didn't pay
extra for supervised O/C, I'd sometimes check and spot one that
wasn't armed when it should have been.  I'd usually call the
owner at home and ask if he wanted me to arm the system for him.
Customers loved that since it would save them a trip to the store
at night.

Sometimes people ask what the difference is between a small,
independent central station and a large national provider.
Things like that are a couple of the reasons local monitoring can
sometimes be better.  I say "sometimes" because clearly most
companies, small or large, just don't do that sort of thing for
their customers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.