Can a Napco system & DSL connection co-exist?

Hi,

I am looking at having a DSL line installed at my house that would be using
the same telephone line as my Napco Magnum 1000.  The Napco currently does
nightly self-tests which "seizes" the phone line in the house when it is
performing these tests.  My concern with the DSL line is that the DSL link
will be dropped every night as well when the Napco does its self tests.

My question is the following.  If I split the phone line at the demarkation
point where one branch goes only to my DSL modem and the other branch goes
through a DSL filter and then to the Napco and the rest of the house, will
the Napco still be able to make its nightly self-tests where it seizes the
phone line, but doesn't drop my DSL connection?

ie:

Demarkation pt
==============[ Splitter ]
 phone line                         |=====[DSL Modem]

                                         |=====[ DSL Filter ] ------- [Napco
Magnum 1000] ----------[ rest of house ]

A friend of mine currently has a DSL connection on a regular line (no
Napco), and sometimes uses a 56k modem on his computer to dial up to other
servers.  If a 56K Modem is able to dial up over the DSL line, does this
imply that the Napco should be able to as well?  I am assuming that Magnum
1000 just uses a regular modem to communicate with the centrale - is this a
valid assumption?

Thanks for the help.

Eric