Re: Security idea

> Yeah, something like that.

There's a company I've been looking at called NanaWall that makes folding glass
walls.  If you were to have them made with hurricane glass they could be nearly
impenetrable.  This doesn't do anything for windows but homes like mine in
Florida have almost all sliding glass walls.  We have a rather large home but
only eight windows.  There are glass walls on the lanai (Florida-speak for
enclosed patio) side of every common room and several of the bedrooms.

Here's a link to one of the door systems we like.  Perhaps you'll get some ideas
from what they're doing:
http://www.nanawall.com/products/Info_WD65_Description.asp

We're going to renovate the house in a couple of years, enlarge one bathroom and
add an outdoor kitchen / dining room to the lanai.  At the same time I plan to
install hurricane glass since I don't like the appearance of shutters and we are
sometimes away for months on end.  Hurricanes are much more of a concern to me
than break-ins as our community is relatively secure.  The neighborhood is
surrounded by a wall and we are installing electronically controlled gates on
the entrance road.  That should be enough to keep the IB out.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.