Re: Help choosing a home alarm system in British Columbia, Canada

Good post Frank ! I guess the large nationals are more regulated in BC than
in Ontario. I wouldn't be quite as charitable in describing ADT locally here
in Ontario. However, both Protectron and Voxcom are decent companies, but
Alarmforce is a company that I would definately avoid for a variety of
reasons that we all know. Chubb I am told is also good, albeit very
expensive, along the same lines as ADT.

I've been wondering how things are down here in Florida. The only companies
I see are ADT, Westco, APT of Panama City, and one small company called
Secure Alarms. I get the impression there are nowhere near as many small
"mom and pop" companies in this area.....

One thing I've learned about our industry is that conditions from one area
of the country differ markedly from other areas. As such, we've gotta be
careful passing judgment on a company based on local
experience.....(something that I have to remember....)

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
www.homemetal.com