Re: Help choosing a home alarm system in British Columbia, Canada

> I've been wondering how things are down here in Florida...

All of the nationals are active in Florida.  There are also lots
of the notorious "authorized dealer" outfits doing pretty much
the same rotten work they do elsewhere.

I've run into a few ADT corporate types and seen their work.  It
was good.  In Sarasota, which is a good distance south of where
you are, there are several independent firms selling installed
systems.  One I know of does awful work and the others re about
average.

Several years ago there were three of four large, regional
outfits mostly catering to the booming new construction industry.
They've been bought up by larger firms and we rarely see anything
from what was left of them any more (at least not in Sarasota).

Every so often some moron ADT "authorized dealer" from Bradenton
plasters illegal free system come-ons all over our neighborhood.
I used to throw them out but a few months ago I decided to call
the guy.  He tried to pretend that he knew nothing about the
offer -- said it was the work of a "new" salesman, etc.  I
assured him I had no intention of forwarding his illegal offer to
the state attorney's office if he didn't repeat it.

Just before I left for Brazil I found another of his ads stuffed
in my rural mailbox.  I kept it.  When I get back I'll make a
copy of it and send the original up to Tallahassee.  Now that
they've finished wasting time on Mugsy's pals' false complaint,
perhaps they have time to go after the jerk.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.

 The only companies