Re: Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

> I don't collect any of that crap anymore... I just get
> the free screwdrivers and hats and crap.

Once I won a raffle at ISC -- got a keypad operated door lock.
It was kind of cool but I didn't really need it and it wound up
sitting in my garage.  I finally gave it away to a customer years
later.

One year one of the manufacturers ran a booth with an enclosure
full of money.  You got 30 seconds to grab all you could.  The
problem was they turned on a powerful fan which made the stuff
blow past you faster than an inverted 737.  IIRC, I got about $5
or $10.  Most people were lucky to get even one.

> The ISC show was boring (Anaheim) before they moved it to Vegas.

The NY-ISC show used to be good when it was still in the
Coliseum.  I always hated the Javitz center though.  The HVAC
system never got rid of all cigarette smoke.  A few years ago
they made it non-smoking and that helped, but the place is still
like a glass bird cage and you have to walk for what seems like
miles just to enter the ISC area.

Also a lot of manufacturers dropped ISC a few years ago.  It used
to take two days to see the whole show.  Now it takes part of one
afternoon.

The plus side of the Javitz center was that the NY-ISC coincided
with a major fashion NY show and the lobby was usually packed
with models.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.