Re: Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2f7322p52gq08ue9dopa0fvjt6s22jeia8@xxxxxxxxxx
>> This is entirely possible and have seen several of my
>> panels over the years come very close to to igniting
>> from neglected batteries. I never leave anything in
>> the box.
>
> That's surprising, Crash.  In the 24 years I installed for a
> living it never happened to me.  I've never even seen an alarm
> battery get more than uncomfortably hot.
>
> Paper ignites at about 450º Fahrenheit (230ºC).  That's hot
> enough to roast a turkey.  If your control panel cabinet reaches
> that temperature, (1) something is drastically wrong; and (2)
> your control panel is no longer functioning.
>
> I don't doubt your panel got hot enough to make it seem as though
> it was ready to ignite, but reality is they just don't get that

you can justify your stuffing electric device cabinets with paper any way
you want but most of us are not selling off our accounts and moving out of
the country.  We are sticking around to stand behind our work and therefore
we choose not to stuff panel boxes with paper because we don't want ANY
chance of mishap causing damage to those that we have pledged to protect.
Imagine what could have happened with RHC if his panel had been stuffed full
of paper.  May have started the whole building on fire and could have caused
bodily injury or death to one of his friends or customers, not to mention
the financial damages.  You can justify it anyway you want but I for one
will never put manuals and other papers in a electric cabinet.  And if you
were to THINK about it for 1 minute and be HONEST you would not recommend it
to the whole world via Usenet.