Re: Honeywell 5894PI question

ck wrote:
> I currently have ADT (Ademco Vista-10se) and I want to replace the motion
> detector with the Honeywell 5894PI. The one I have now is for small pets and
> I have a larger dog and need the 80lb threshold. Do I need a tech to switch
> them out? Where can I get a install guide(Not just where to place it). I
> searched the web and found nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks,Chris

The installation instructions for the motion detector are included with
the part.  It'll tell you how to set it up and adjust it for optimum
performance.  It'll also go into detail about "walk-testing" it.  When
you remove the old detector make sure you identify the "positive and
negative" power and switch terminals.  Hook up the new sensor exactly
the same way and you shouldn't have any problem.  One extra word of
advice, make sure you power down your system before changing out any
device.  You don't want to short anything.

Good luck!!

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com