Re: Are there any convenient alarm systems?

X10SecuritySystems.com wrote:
> Hey Steve,
>
> I read your post and think you should check out the               at
> . Our system has a lot of the things you seem
> to be looking for. Our remote controls are easy to use, and the system
> comes with a keychain keypad for taking with you. There are no codes to
> remember just press arm and disarm accordingly. We have a door chime
> mode for people coming and going, so it alerts you without a siren.
> You can expand it to cover all of your door and windows as you see fit.
> People say x10 is not any good, but our offer is that you try it for 30
> days -- if you don't like it send it back...just like that.
>
> Good Luck on your search...!
>
> x10security team

X10 is a nice toy to use to turn on and off lights. The probabllity of
it not working is about 20 percent. If you'd like to take the chance
with your worldly goods or your life with those probabilities
.......... you're dumber than you sound. If your as knowledgeable about
X10 as you pretend to be, why don't you tell people about phase
couplers and filters that are necessary to be installed by qualified
electricians for a few hundred dollars, in order for X10 signals to
become only just a little more reliable?

X10 is garbage. It's been around for over 20 years without one iota of
change in it's design.  If it was even a contender in the security
industry, it would have proven it self long before now. If it was even
a little aggressive, it would have locked up it's original invention
and protocol years ago, instead of letting it's patent run out. Since
then, even the least of it's competitors has improved upon the
technology 100 fold in a few years and X10 is still using the same old
garbage from decades ago.

Stop trying to promote this rubbish as something other than a toy.