Re: difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

Search *this* newsgroup, it was discussed in depth within the last coupla
weeks.

Brinks - proprietary equipment, if you're not happy with them IF you can get
out of the contract you WILL be buying a new control panel (main brain) and
new keypads from whatever company you decide to go with after them.

ADT - mostly private labeled Ademco products, usually takeover-able if you
are able to get out of contract. Meaning the equipment can be reused
(usually)

Slomin - dunno.

Remember, it's not so much the equipment but the relationship. If you're
happy with the idea of being 1 of 3 million customers then go with one of
the big guys. If you think you would get better service from a smaller
locally owned and operated company...hmmm...maybe you should consider one in
your area...ask your friends//neighbors//businesses for recommendations.

hth