Robert L Bass said he did??

            From:  Robert L Bass - view profile
            Date:  Wed, Feb 22 2006 11:12 am
            Email:   Robert L Bass <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            Groups:   alt.security.alarms
            Not yet ratedRating:

            show options

            Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

      > "Self-destruct activated.  This building will self-destruct
      > in 20 seconds.  Please evacuate."  Repeat ad nauseum.

      Napco's RP1-CAe2 keypads have a programmable system ready
      message.  Most dealers leave it at the standard "System Ready"
      but you cab change it.  After we installed a new P9600 system in
      my church many years ago I was demonstrating the capabilities of
      the system to one of the board members.  I set the message to
      something other different.

      Unfortunately, I forgot to change it back.  Early the next
      morning a sweet lady from the congregation who volunteered to
      clean the church each week showed up as usual.  She disarmed the
      system with the code the pastor gave and saw "Attention Burglar"
      Second line: "Go ahead. Make my day".

      She read, "Attention Burglar", panicked and dialed 911.  I'm not
      sure of the details but I think she told them there was an
      intruder in the building.  The cops were not amused.
      Fortunately, the pastor shared my sense slightly wicked of humor.
      :^)
      Regards,
      Robert L Bass

      Bass Burglar Alarms
      The Online DIY Store
      http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

      Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
      groups.

begin 666 back_ani.gif
M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9
M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4<K(5K*XIH(+3-&K&2(5#SB6!#
M%\(84)Q\2!?PP Q,6XMD-9!E*0I%HP`1)@F*A#0UK5[YBH/X*BYWV^#R`'V@
M,N+Y>G1];R*",RH"!G8N?XLBCBP/*FD,!8B(98];1@.;/@.*6@(.1XJDHR.H
M`PL(# 8&#0@xxxx+!0RLK@8$" 0*H $$9P\!#@S!)P3)`@H+`@D,G<%G<-/6