Re: Stand alone camera

You bring up many questions.  Cameras are simple 12 volt to 110 volts.
There are self contained network cameras with the range of most pocket.
Connecting to the network can be a problem.
1. Hard wired cat 5, not to mobile.
2. Wireless to the network card low cost short distanced 200 Ft
3. Wireless to a receiver expensive and more distance 1,000 Ft
4. Radio to radio super expensive 2-10  miles.