Subject: Bass Home Electronics is doing just fine, thank you
From: "Robert L Bass" alarmist@xxxxxxxx
Date: 4/1/00 5:33 PM Eastern Standard Time

Last time I checked my business is doing "swimmingly."
My Connecticut alarm contractor's L5 license is intact, having been obtained
truthfully and honestly.  I applied for and received the license many years
ago
after passing the necessary exams.  Only a fool would lie to the state
licensing
authority.  That sort of thing has a habit of coming back to haunt you.
Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
80 Bentwood Road
West Hartford, CT 06107
860-561-9542 voice
860-561-5210 fax
alarmist@xxxxxxxx

POST # 2

Subj:   RE: Burglar alarms
Date:       3/29/00 5:02:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:      Howard.osden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Howard Osden)
Reply-to  Howard.osden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Howard.osden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

That number belongs to:
Robert L Bass
80 Bentwood Rd
West Hartford CT 06107

It is an L5 type, current expiration date is 9/30/2000.
An L5 holder may perform electrical work limited to low voltage electrical
work limited to alarm, audio & sound systems, and systems not exceeding 25
volts or 5 amperes.

There are no background checks done on individuals.

There is a yes/no check off box on applications asking whether or not the
applicant has ever been convicted of a felony, and which if they answer
"yes" they are required to provide a statement from their probation
officer.  The application must be notarized at the time of submission, so
it in effect becomes a sworn statement. This particular application was
filed on 3/20/1989.

If "yes" is checked, and a P. O. statement is attached, the application
goes before a meeting of the licensing board for consideration.

However, Sec. 20-334 of the Connecticut General Statutes states in part:
"Each board may suspend or revoke any license or certificate granted or
issued by it if the holder thereof is convicted of a felony...".
Further, Sec 20-332-18a of the Regulations of State Agencies states "A
board may reprimand a licensee, place a licensee on probation or suspend or
revoke a license after a hearing before the board when the findings show
one or more of the following acts or practices:

(b) obtaining or conspiring to obtain with others a license by inducing the
issuance thereof in consideration of the payment of money or delivery of
any other thing of value or by and through a misrepresentation of facts to
a board within the Department of Consumer Protection;

(j) conviction of a felony;

Therefore, if a person lies on their application, or commits a felony, and
these facts come to light - the disciplinary action outlined above may take
place.  The department however, does not go through any process of checking
the licensees periodically to see if they have been convicted of a felony
or may have made misstatements on their applications.

If you have any knowledge or evidence that the above situation(s) may
exist, you may send the information to:

Department of Consumer Protection
Trade Practices Division
165 Capitol Ave