Re: ADI vs. Internet Pricing

> I've gone this route and found if the MFG is going
> to dick me around they have already burned their
> distributors too, and I need to find a different brand.
>
> I mostly buy through my established distributors,
> and I don't mind them making a profit, but I don't
> want them getting rich off just me.

What I've found with ADI is that they will give you great prices on
Honeywell owned brands *if* you but a lot of it and *if* you make a deal
with the manufacturer.  For example, if you want good prices on cable you
have to talk with your local Genesis rep -- not your ADI branch guys because
they don't have the authority to go below whatever column your gross ADI
volume entitles you to.

The same is of course true of Ademco.  You work out special pricing on
various kits with the Ademco rep.  He'll authorize ADI to give you the
prices.  On their own ADI can't do anywhere near as much for you.  I've
found the same practice with several of our other suppliers.

BTW, when you buy through distribution, all manufacturers' warrantees remain
in full effect for your customers because the manufacturer doesn't even know
or ask which dealer sold the product.  There are several manufacturers who
try to stop *all* online sales but if they want to use ADI as a distributor
they have no choice.  ADI's policy is that they will offer sales and
warranty service (which they obtain directly from the manufacturer) on all
of their products and to all of their dealers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics