Re: ADI vs. Internet Pricing

"camman" <camman@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Gn9og.280757$5Z.87004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Either I am not getting the pricing everyone else is getting on CCTV
equip.,
> or dealers on the net are selling below cost Anyone else seeing
> this trend?

It has been there. Depends on who you are buying from, on the net, if it is
a smart practice. You may need to look at some other things besides the
price difference. Like warranty issues. One online dealer, here on this NG,
lost warranty from several distributors, on product he resells for instance.
Now, with him, if there is warranty offered, it is on him. Would you trust
that? B grade product is another item of concern. Do you, as a dealer,
receive terms when making an internet purchase? Sometimes, mostly not.
Support is sometimes an issue with certain products. Return, replacement and
repair issues are another item of concern. All of these things have a hidden
value. I am not saying it is bad to use the internet if that is what you
like to do, but sometimes, when the customer is paying the difference
anyway, why not use the benefits of purchasing from a local distributor?