Re: ADI vs. Internet Pricing

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Either I am not getting the pricing everyone else is getting on CCTV
> equip.,
> > or dealers on the net are selling below cost Anyone else seeing
> > this trend?
>
> It has been there. Depends on who you are buying from, on the net, if it
is
> a smart practice. You may need to look at some other things besides the
> price difference. Like warranty issues. One online dealer, here on this
NG,
> lost warranty from several distributors, on product he resells for
instance.
> Now, with him, if there is warranty offered, it is on him. Would you trust
> that? B grade product is another item of concern. Do you, as a dealer,
> receive terms when making an internet purchase? Sometimes, mostly not.
> Support is sometimes an issue with certain products. Return, replacement
and
> repair issues are another item of concern. All of these things have a
hidden
> value. I am not saying it is bad to use the internet if that is what you
> like to do, but sometimes, when the customer is paying the difference
> anyway, why not use the benefits of purchasing from a local distributor?

I've gone this route and found if the MFG is going to dick me around they
have already burned their distributors too, and I need to find a different
brand.

I mostly buy through my established distributors, and I don't mind them
making a profit, but I don't want them getting rich off just me.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner

(928)782-9765 ofc