Re: Alarm code help - DSC 433

<dumbkid0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1149140746.007817.263190@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi all,
>
> I have a DSC 433 alarm system.  The "trouble" led has been on for quite
> some time.  When I hit [*],[2] ... the number 7 comes on the top of the
> LCD panal.
>
> Manual instructs to press 7 again to see the actual zone that's having
> problem.  I pressed 7 again, and it just blink number 1 and then 4
> repeatedly.
>
> I have no zone 14, and zone 1  and zone 4 are working fine.  What is
> that blinking 1 and then 4 means?
>
> I really appreciate if anyone can give me some advice on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Low batteries on zones 1 and 4.  They may be working fine now, but not
forever.

These batteries should typically last around 4-5 years, depending on their
use.

If these are door contacts, they're 2 AAA batteries, but put the system on
test with your monitoring station first (assuming it's monitored).  Another
trouble will occur on the system for the contacts tamper switch.  Be sure
not to lose it's spring, don't touch the spiral antenna, and don't put the
batteries in backwards.

If they're motions, they're either 4 AAA batteries (?) or a 3 volt lithium
battery which may be difficult to find in stores.  Same story on the tamper,
but there's no antenna to worry about.

Go with high quality batteries for another 5 years, cheap batteries are
basically already dead in comparison.