Re: Overhead Door Magnetic Contact

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Z5CdnQYtCOLb2T7ZnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Paul,
>
> The 957 is usually mounted to the bottom of the door.  The sensor part
> with the cable connected is affixed to the floor using screws and anchors
> (there are various types available at hardware stores) near one side of
> the door. The magnet is affixed to the door itself such that the two are
> aligned and nearly touching with the door closed.  When the door opens the
> magnet moves away, causing the sensor to open the alarm circuit.
>
> Another option is to mount the sensor to the wall above the door.  The
> advantage to this location is the wire isn't likely to be snagged by
> rakes, shovels and other household stuff that folks leave in the garage.
> If you mount it to the wall, just be sure to leave enough room so that the
> magnet doesn't bump the sensor as the door opens.  The 957 has a 2" gap
> which means that the magnet can be mounted nearly 2" away from the sensor.
>
> If you need more specifics on the procedure, ask and I'll detail it a
> little better for you.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =============================>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota · Florida · 34233
> 941-866-1100 Sales & Tech Support
> http://www.bassburglaralarm.com
> =============================>

Yor fogot to tell that you sell them and show him your BBB report.

      The Online vender operating under the names shown below has an
UNSATISFACTORY RECORD with the BBB with 21 complaints in the past 36 months,
11 were closed in the last year. You decide.

            Bass Home Electronics
            4883 Fallcrest Cir
            Sarasota, FL  34233
            Telephone: (941) 925-9747
            Fax: (941) 925-9747

      www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

      www.Home-Automation.us.com

      www.Security-Alarm-Systems.us

      See the BBB report on line before you purchase from this vendor.

      There is a lot more to consider than just a low price when shopping on
the internet. Don't become the next victim.
      SEE THE REPORT BELOW

      http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663