Re: installing cams in IL, need advice Thanks

On 7 Jun 2006 18:35:39 -0700, "Impalpable" <spdb66@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Just wanted to clear up the pricing.  The equipment I found was $1500
>per building. Seven buildings total.  A company just put in a bid to
>the office at $50k.  The bid was for cameras at building entrances and
>on the parking lots.  I believe 6 cams per building.  DVR and web based
>monitoring.  Does that seem like a good deal ?

$1500 per bldg. is still way too low for the equipment.  Think about
it, you'll need a 8 channel DVR per bldg. (unless ALL your cabling can
be run to a head-end).  Last time I checked a decent 8ch DVR blows
more than half your budget.  You won't find 6 good cams for ~$600
based on your need of LED illuminators for some.   We still haven't
talked about monitors, cabling, power supplies, etc....

Why don't you provide a link for that stuff you're looking at so we
can peek-a-boo?

--

-Graham

remove the double 'e' to email me.