Re: installing cams in IL, need advice Thanks

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 4 Jun 2006 18:54:00 -0700, "Impalpable" <spdb66@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> track molding. I saw a few (hundred) packages online for about $1,500.
> They included 8 dome cams, computer, DVR box, and all of the cables.
> I'm sure one of the wholesalers (or installers) can beat that price
> with the multiple unit sales.  Just let me know what you all think.

Don't ya just love the internet! You can find all the junk in the world
there. You won't get a legitimate installation company to even call you if
you want that amount of equipment for that price. If someone does call you,
for the type of application you are looking at, and offers that price, run
like hell. I am looking at a system right now with a 16 channel 320g DVR
with 10 dome cameras, mounts, flat screen monitor, and all the necessary
power and backup power supplies, cabling, labor etc. and we are at near 9K
without blinking. For that 1500.00 over the internet, you will receive a toy
and the OP will laughing all the way to the bank. Then try to get an
installation company to install other peoples equipment, as this sounds way
over the novices head. Then there is the question about technical support
and warranty. They won't answer the phone, won't return emails, won't pay
attention to faxes. Hmmm, sounds familiar.  :o)

Turn this over quick, without repeating internet prices, so the customer
doesn't get sticker shock when they receive a ligitimate proposal. They may
anyway.

Take Graham's advice and contact the State. Illinois does have some
stringent licensing laws and may be even stricter around the Chicago area.