Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

> I don't know the panel, hence the use of
> the word " If "...

And yet you immediately attacked.  This simply shows your intention is not
to share information but only to flame.

> I do know the code and I know your suggestion
> is a violation, pure and simple...

Code requires that the hardware used be listed for the purpose.  You don't
know the panel.  I do.  You've never worked with it.  I have installed many
of them and serviced them for years.  In short, you spoke (and continue to
do so) without knowledge or understanding.  Feel free to continue flaming
away.

> its also pure bullshit on your part that you
> have used this technique on Commercial Fire
> and  had an inspector sign off on it...

You've never seen any of my installations and you have no idea what the
panel is capable of.  You ought to know (though there is room for doubt
about that) that the code says the AHJ (inspector) determines what is or is
not compliant.

> after all since you know the panel so well and state that it does support
> the
> requirement, why would you need to bodge it in this manner...

You call it a bodge only because you don't know the method or the hardware.
In fact, the technique uses listed devices and programming.  Your problem
isn't with what I do or how I do it.  You post only because of personal
animosity.  This is nothing new.  You've done it before and I expect nothing
honest or reasonable out of you.

> so stop bullshitting and trying to make yourself look important...

Important?  I only shared a technique that works and has passed muster with
inspectors.  The topic (in case you've forgotten) is about testing both
phone lines on a Napco MA3000.  It's not about your personal hatred.  It's a
shame that no thread can exist on this newsgroup without being filled with
the kind of trash you spew.

> I also know that if you knew the panel as well
> as you would have everyone believe, then you
> would have told Alan the correct way to generate
> the required test on the secondary communication
> channel...

I already did.  He seemed to understand it right away.  What I didn't do is
create an image for him.  I'm not spending a lot of time at my desk these
days because I'm recovering from cancer surgery.  When I get around to it
I'll send him an image if he wants it though.

> On another subject, I hope the chemo goes well for you.

I plan to beat the cancer.  I've overcome adversity before.  This one just
hurts a lot more.  Unlike some who post here, I wouldn't wish this on
anyone.  Fortunately, I have a very strong family and close network of
friends helping me and pulling for me every step of the way.  I hope you
never have to go through this stuff.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass