Re: HVAC installer puts 220 down 24 vac duct detect

> Welp if you've ever seen the electrical
> work down in Cabo, or anywhere down
> there you wouldn't think that.

I've seen electrical work done in Brazil.  It was umm, interesting.  Our
condo is on the fifth level (technically they call it the third floor) of a
cement building.  There are no places to run new wires.  We had a couple of
through-wall air conditioners installed this year.  The electrician took out
a hammer and a star drill and proceeded to rout a channel in the wall for
his new conduit.  I never saw someone strike such a perfectly straight line
with a star drill before.

One major difference is that building codes seem only to be enforced
retroactively.  If you build it wrong no one says anything unless someone
gets hurt.  Then they come after you.  Another difference is grounding.
It's virtually nonexistent on structures older than ten years though most
new buildings have bonded ground systems.

Most structures are poured concrete or cement block.  Needless to say, the
security system market is mostly wireless.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics