Re: HVAC installer puts 220 down 24 vac duct detect

> Because companies are hiring illegals
> to "run wires from here to there"...not
> learn a trade. In a few years there won't
> be anyone qualified except a dying
> bunch of old farts like us.

Do you really believe that all the bad electrical work you run across was
done by illegal aliens?  I've seen plenty of bad alarm installations done by
US citizens.

Interestingly, we just had our pool and lanai (Florida speak for "enclosed
patio") redone.  The GC on the job used several different companies to do
the work.  There was a Mexican team that did the new stone finish inside the
pool, an American group that did the plumbing, another American who did the
electrical work and a Brazilian outfit that laid the paver stones.

The American plumbers screwed up several times, cutting a 2-inch return feed
from the filtration system and dumping several thousand gallons of water
into my gardens.  They allowed yard dirt to get into the lines and have yet
to come back to fix a misconnected fitting in the spa.

The American electrician couldn't figure out how to connect all three pool
lights (they're on two separate transformers) to the pool automation system.
I had to diagram it for him before he could understand it.  He also failed
to run cables to the attic as agreed so that I can connect the pool
automation system to my ELK M1 Gold home automation controller.

The Mexicans did an excellent job though they left one small rough spot in
the bottom of the pool.  In all fairness, even I didn't notice it until
after they had gone.  They're coming back next week with a diver to smooth
out that area.

The Brazilian outfit did a magnificent job on the pavers.  They carefully
cut each stone to make an exact fit against the complex curves of the bull
nose edging surrounding the pool.  Every brick is perfectly smooth against
the next -- no high spots in over 2,200 square feet of pavers.

In my experience about 90% of all electricians do decent to excellent work.
I guess it's about 70% of alarm installers.  The rest are, well... monkeys.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics