Re: HVAC installer puts 220 down 24 vac duct detect

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message

> Do you really believe that all the bad electrical work you run across was
> done by illegal aliens?  I've seen plenty of bad alarm installations done
by
> US citizens.

RLB = US citizen
RLB = One time alarm installer
RLB stands back and admires his work
RLB = Self proclaimed expert

hey hey hey, we have all heard about your installs

> Interestingly, we just had our pool and lanai (Florida speak for "enclosed
> patio") redone.  The GC on the job used several different companies to do
> the work.  There was a Mexican team that did the new stone finish
an American group that did the plumbing, another American who did the
> electrical work and a Brazilian outfit that laid the paver stones.

> The American plumbers screwed up several times, cutting a 2-inch return
feed

Just how many times can one screw up cutting a two inch PVC pipe?

> from the filtration system and dumping several thousand gallons of water
> into my gardens.

Your are so full of bullshit. Water seeks its own level, in case you missed
that lesson in school. Unless the pump was running, to lose "thousands" of
gallons of water, the cut on the return line would have to have been far
below your gardens and ground level, which the return lines are not all that
deep. You may get that lie past the winter bound Canadians, but not another
pool owner. Thousands of gallons of water, for those of you that don't have
pools, would be about a third of the water in the pool. Didn't happen,
Robert.

 > They allowed yard dirt to get into the lines

which would simply blow out into the pool and be filtered as the pool
cycled. Not big deal unless your are a clueless homeowner that can't clean
his own filter.

>and have yet
> to come back to fix a misconnected fitting in the spa.

Then they won't pass inspection, that is if there is a permit.

> The American electrician couldn't figure out how to connect all three pool
> lights (they're on two separate transformers) to the pool automation
system.
> I had to diagram it for him before he could understand it.

Of couse you did.

>  He also failed
> to run cables to the attic as agreed so that I can connect the pool
> automation system to my ELK M1 Gold home automation controller.

As agreed or part of the contract. If you tried to get the laborer to do it
on the side, he probably didn't do it so that he wouldn't get in trouble
with his boss. You should have offered him more than a hamburger.

> The Mexicans did an excellent job though they left one small rough spot in
> the bottom of the pool.  In all fairness, even I didn't notice it until
> after they had gone.  They're coming back next week with a diver to smooth
> out that area.

More BS. That is not how they do it. And you didn't notice it through the
curing time? It wasn't until the water was back in the pool until you and/
or they noticed it? Riiighhttt!

> The Brazilian outfit did a magnificent job

Now why doesn't this suprise me?

on the pavers.  They carefully
> cut each stone to make an exact fit against the complex curves of the bull
> nose edging surrounding the pool.  Every brick is perfectly smooth against
> the next -- no high spots in over 2,200 square feet of pavers.

As a consumer, why would anyone expect any less, regardless if the workers
were Brazilian, Chinese, Russian or American? Now if you went for "cheap"
then I can understand why you are suprised you actually got a good job.

> In my experience about 90% of all electricians do decent to excellent
work.

You have experience with "all" electricians?

> I guess it's about 70% of alarm installers.  The rest are, well...
monkeys.

So, you have gone from "primates" that you so often defended your comment on
the basis that people didn't understand that we are all primates, to
"monkeys". Time will always bring out ones true colors.
However Robert, the project sounds wonderful. Since you are such a camera
buff, why don't you post some pictures of the new pool area to include the
gardens. Oh, and while you are at it, why don't you include  some pics of
the Elk panel so we can all see what a panel wired by an expert should look
like. I am sure you didn't do the attic work so I hope the people you had do
that were licensed and if they weren't then they worked directly for you, so
I hope you supplied the required Workers Comp insurance. Click file
RLB/DBPR, save. And by the way, you should check to see if the GC pulled
permits to do the work because they don't seem to show up under your
address. Maybe just an oversight.  :o]  Need some help bumping this along,
thanks in advance!