Re: What can you say

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>They asked me to look at a couple problem cameras they had... at first it
>>looked like a couple views were stuck on night views, but on closer
>>inspection, it turned out the DVR was frozen.  After rebooting, a little
>>further investigation revealed the machine had been frozen since 1am the
>>previous morning... some 41 hours.  And it had locked up almost exactly 9
>>hours after being installed as new by the supplier.  Nice.
>

> Hmm.  Someone else installed a system at 4:pm on one day.  It locked up at
> 1:am that night and the customer called you to check it out the very next
> day.  Why didn't they call the guy who installed it if it failed in 9 hours?

They didn't call me to fix it... I was there to perform scheduled maintenance on
other systems.  Nobody there even realized it was frozen.  Because we ALSO do
the maintenance on the older VCR/MUX systems for these sites, most of the
managers already know they can ask me about video issues even with the new
systems - in the end I had to tell him that he'd have to call in the issue to
the proper people himself.