Re: Humans invisible to heat sensors?

Zach wrote:

> Where can I get a glass break detector.

Contact your installation company.

> The security guy who installed my door alarm and cell backup package
> programmed the door alarm security for 5 zones but he said the cell backup
> package will only give a signal to the central station only as Zone 1 no
> matter which zone is broke. He said the problem is he cannot get the ademco
> alarmnet cell backup system to program with ECP.

That's pretty "usual" for a generic cellular communicator.  Some have
more inputs that allow you to supervise the phone line, a seperate panic
button, etc.

> Do you  know if this guy is really a security expert or just bs'ing to me.

Don't know him.  Did you check his credentials and references?  In some
Provinces and States (Countries), installers are required to be licensed
and bonded.

> Is there any additional layer of security backup on top of the cell backup
> package. Assuming the perps are sophisticated security experts, what other
> alternative backups or measures can one take on top of the cell backup
> package.

Unless the cell network goes down, you should be OK.  Most cellemetry
systems don't use the voice channel of the network.  They use the
"control" channel.  I've never had a problem with a cellular
communicator *not* transmitting a signal.  If you can get on AlarmNet,
then that is preferred because you're not using a "middleman" to
transmit the signals to your CS (central station).

Good luck!!