Re: Humans invisible to heat sensors?

Zach said:

>The security guy who installed my door alarm and cell backup package
>programmed the door alarm security for 5 zones but he said the cell backup
>package will only give a signal to the central station only as Zone 1 no
>matter which zone is broke. He said the problem is he cannot get the ademco
>alarmnet cell backup system to program with ECP.
>
>Do you  know if this guy is really a security expert or just bs'ing to me.
>

>>Consider some form of backup in case they compromise the telephone lines
>>too.
>

>Is there any additional layer of security backup on top of the cell backup
>package. Assuming the perps are sophisticated security experts, what other
>alternative backups or measures can one take on top of the cell backup
>package.

I'm a bit confused as to whether Roselnathan and Zach are the same person,
and whether this job is in the UK.  If so, your Ademco panels are likely
different from the US versions, and the control panel may not support ECP
reporting.  Most of the newer US Ademco panels do.

Your installer should have a programmer for the radio.  It looks like a
keypad on a cable that plugs into the radio.  It is possible to program the
radio without one, but I would expect a good installer to have one.  Since
the radio defaults to ECP mode, the control panel is probably not
programmed to transmit data to the radio, assuming the panel is capable of
doing so.

If you are in the UK, your choices in alarm equipment may be limited by the
policies of the police.  False alarms are anathema these days, and can
result in rapid withdrawal of police response.

However, if you want something more than cell backup, ask your installer
about Redcare.  This is a service that protects your telephone line.  An
even better option is Redcare GSM, which is a combination of the Redcare
service and a GSM radio.  Each watches the other.  That is a common high
security configuration in the UK.

- badenov