Re: REST of the WORLD is ENVIOUS of AMAZING FREEDOM ENJOYED by AMERICANS

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:23:31 GMT, Ken Smith <forget@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Gunner wrote:

>>>  Seems to me they'd heartily approve. :)

>>>  Unfortunately true.  Some of them don't even understand that the
>>>First Amendment only works to restrain the hand of *government*, as
>>>opposed to that of individuals.

>>>  Or a neo-Nazi march to Skokie.  If they get shouted down, they do.
>>>It is their right to speak as well, is it not?

>>>  Who's pushing the anti-flag-burning amendment?
>>
>> Not me..and Im way to the Right.
>
>   Unfortuantely, the Colorado Republican Party state assembly delegates
>voted something like 10-1 to support it (I was in the minority).

You will have to take that up with the Colorado Republican Party.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams