Re: Give IP connectivity to old Vista panels.

m1gs4n@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Our company has developed a small board that plugs in Vista panels
> (getting the power from them too) that allows two interesting features:
>
> 1) TCP alarm reporting to Galaxy-like receivers.

Is there really a market for these widgets? I've seen attempts
from many manufacturers to do this - even Ademco themselves has
a multi-hundred-dollar 386-based monster that they bolt on $20 panels
to call them "Internet Compatible".
Functionality is poor of course since the panel wasn't designed to
work this way.

I think it's like taping a HEMI to a bicycle. Why not scrap the panel
and pay $200 for something that was designed to do this in the first place?

/A