Re: Give IP connectivity to old Vista panels.

Hi Brent,

I'm based on Valencia, Spain (GMT+2) and I can be found on +34
963879709 from 9h to 14h.

These are some more the details of the system ...

A microcontroller handles the serial communication that goes to the
printer port to capture the messages sent to the printer to convert
them to contact ID.

On the other hand the same serial communication is used to connect the
panel to a computer to have a bidirectional session. Our system
intercepts this communication and forward it through the network to the
computer located elsewhere. We install in the PC end a serial port
redirector so COMPASS software stills thinks it is directly connected
to the Vista panel.

Our system is also connected to the ECP bus, because you need to type
the engineer code for the panel to switch to bidirectional
communication with the PC. We have figured out how the bus works and we
simulate a user typing the code (we use address 20 for that).

As the PC will connect eventually to many different Vista panels we
have developed a small Windows software that allows you to manage your
panel's database (containing IP addresses, engineer codes, IP addresses
of the event receiver and so on).

The system draws 60 mA from the 12V supply of the panel. Size is 2.5" x
4" and it is plugged in on the area reserved for the printer input of
the panel.

Thanks for your interest,

Miguel