Re: TG-1

mikesus@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thinking about cutting the cord at home, but want to make sure my alarm
> system is taken care of.  From what I have read, it sounds like the
> TG-1 is ideal for this situation.  However, I cannot find ANYONE
> selling them.  Anyone know where I can purchase it,

For the end user they are only available through your alarm dealer
(that has an account with Telguard).

>and how does the
> monitoring work for it?  Is it the same as Uplink or?

It's a GSM based cellular communicator that basically listens for the
tones on your existing dialer, and transmits them to Telguard's central
station.  Telguard then forwards the data to the dealers central
station via POTS lines.  The Telguard unit simulates a CS receiver with
the appropriate handshake/kissoff tones so the alarm panel thinks it
dialed out successfully to a POTS line.