Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

Allan Waghalter wrote:
> The CF5530 two line module for the Napco MA3000 selects the best working
> line of the two connected to it to dial out on.  You cannot dictate which of
> these is to be used for a test.  You can, however, program the system to
> send a test to a second phone number by programming the test to be sent to 1
> and 3.  This will test the second central station line, but not the second
> phone line connected to the panel.  The panel automatically reports a
> problem with either phone should one have failed or has a problem.

Allan:

Unless the AHJ wants something "out of the ordinary", UL's requirements
mirror NFPA 71.  I've just checked the latest edition and there's no
actual requirement for performing a 24 hour test transmission on the
back-up line.  Check my response to DougL.