Re: hello I have an alarm problem

Andrew wrote:

> A council is a local authority responsible for building permits,
> noise and animal control and other bylaws etc as well as services
> such as water and waste.

In North America, what you are describing sounds like what we call
"City Hall".

What's strange (to me) in this case is that you say that "Council
workmen" were the ones responsible for performing the labor
(installing new windows, wrecking your sensors).

Do these "workmen" really work (and get paid by) the Council?  Did you
have a choice as to who would (or could) perform this work for you?

Over here, the local authority responsible for enforcing the building
codes and municipal by-laws (City Hall) has no such workmen that would
perform such work for a home or building owner.  That work is done by
a private contractor hired by the owner.