Re: Looking for person

> Tom,
>
> You're just an old fart with a big heart! :-)

If you're referring to Tom Fowler, he's actually a vicious thug
who abused a nice young lady working for ADI, cheated his
customers in CT for years until he ran off, lied to state
authorities about his business to avoid getting the required
license and... well other than that, you just gotta like the guy.

> I am not a vet, but I do respect them enormously because
> of their sacrifices.  First, in 1969 my lottery number was
> 360.  Second I have spinal bifida, so I would not have gone
> even if my number had been 1.

I went to the draft board when called, not because I wanted to go
(it was during the height of the Vietnam war) but because I had
to just like everyone else did.  I was lucky.  A hernia got me
out of it.  Several friends of mine weren't so fortunate.  Three
were inducted into the army.  Two went to Vietnam.  One came home
permanently disabled.  The other was killed.

I'm grateful that our soldiers are willing to do what needs to be
done to protect our country.  I'm also very angry that our
president, who went AWOL for a year when it was his turn to
serve, has sent thousands of our bravest and best to die -- all
so that he could win a second term in office and continue
destroying everything he can while handing out jobs to
incompetent morons like "Heckofvajob" Brown and that jackass,
Alito.

It's nice that you've put up a website for veterans, Al.  Sorry
for picking on you.  That was not called for.  We both respect
our vets for what they've done.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass