Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

As usual a very helpful post.  ADTquoted me $32.xx monitoring fee and I
believe
I own the equipment.  Not sure about owning the equipment.  Others have
mentioned
ADT equipment that is not UL rated and  ADTusing, I think,  24 gauge wire.
It's reassuring
that you've picked up several ADT accounts.  Guess that means their hardware
is at least
transferrable.  Others have mentioned the ADT "hair trigger" problem.  There
is a large fine imposed
for false security alarms.

At this point,  DIY or an independent is starting to look good.  However,
fitting in the time to research DIY
might not be a wise use of my time right now.

Mike