Re: Taking care of telemarketer.

One night I got a call from local company. She was trying to sell me a Alarm
System. I told her I had a "REAL" alarm system. "She didn't get that one."
Then she said they could beat anyone price on monitoring. I said ok how much
are you going to pay me? She didn't get that one either. She you have to pay
US. I said well if you are going to beat my price then you are going to pay
me. She then ask what I was paying. I said "NOTHING". Then she said well you
don't have a monitored system. I said I told you I have a "REAL ALARM
SYSTEM" That's when I told her I owned the Company and we installed Real
Alarms and not the 2 door and a motion like they did.  She hung up on me. In
less than a year they were out of business.

Now thanks to the DO NOT CALL LIST I don't get any calls.

This was the same company that I went to do a take over and the wires were
run down the wall starting about a foot from the ceiling, When they came to
a wall they just drilled a holes threw the wall and keep going.  Four wired
and four holes about  two  inches apart. I wish I had a camera that day. I
told the man sorry but I could not take over the system because it was not
properly installed. Didn't want my name connected to that P.O.S.

"Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Tell them you are glad they called because you can save them money on
their
> alarm services, ask the caller if they have an alarm system, if they don't
> ask if they want one, if they have one ask if they would like to save
money
> on the monitoring, prepare a script and read it back to them without
letting
> them get a word in edgeways, answer any question from them with a question
> of your own about an alarm system. If they ask you if you would like to
save
> money on whatever it is they are selling, ask them if they would like to
> save money on their alarm service.
>
> Me, I don't say a word I just hang up
>
> Doug L
> --
>
> "Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Those are both classics!
> >
> > I've heard some great ones... one I remember reading about was a
> > telemarketer who was offering some whiz-bang investment opportunity.
After