Re: Suppliers

Crash Gordon wrote:
> The past few months I've been making money by
> design/consulting/supplying/programming competenent DIYers. I've done three
> so far and of course end up with the monitoring as well. The DIY does all
> the wire pulls and hardstuff...I show up and instruct them on how to do this
> or that, then come back periodically as the job progesses. Seems to be
> working pretty good...and keeps one old fart out of dusty attics!

I've had similar experiences.  On one "DIY" I got a call just after
10:00 on the day the guy took off from work to do his install.  He told
me he was "in way over his head" and could I still send a couple of guys
out to do the install at the price I had quoted.  I told him no problem
but he'd have to wait a week.  Attics don't bother me that much in the
Winter.  They can be a major pain in the Summer though!  :-)