Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

> Class A fire alarms in schools have no problem with it.  Sub panels are
> used when needed for additional zones, and annunciation, but there is one
> big main panel and its all one system.  Quite often there is just one
> panel in a mid or small sized school.

I've had fire marshals in CT and FL insist on a separate panel per
structure.  That doesn't mean that several systems can't be tied together
and annunciated at one central location though.  In fact, that is fairly
common practice in industrial and educational campuses.

Side note: In Connecticut I dealt directly with AHJs on a regular basis.  In
Florida I only occasionally speak to them on behalf of commercial clients.
In one case an inspector who happened to have retired from running a small
alarm company tried to tell my client he was not allowed to install a fire
alarm in his own small, commercial space.  I emailed the client and cc'd the
inspector a copy of the Florida statute in PDF with the exemption clauses
highlighted.  The installation went without a hitch after that and the only
item the AHJ objected to during final inspection was an improper ground.
The client took a short-cut and grounded the system to a cold water pipe.
After a quick fix the CO was issued.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass