Re: Bosh VoIP device

"Lou" <louisg60@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1138039422.551330.314160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I read on the alarm.com website (www.alarm.com - surprise...) that the
> pager network they use covers 85-90% of the population (they say cities
> and 1st, 2nd, 3rd ring suburbs, but not farmland/rural) and i've heard
> that they're releasing a GSM solution soon that will cover more. As far
> as I know the only cell backups today that cover the really
> rural/outlying areas are using analog AMPS which is being shut down in
> 2008. GSM and pager are probably the best long term solutions for good
> coverage and reliability.

Alarm.com uses two pager networks and you can go to those homepages and view
individual city coverage. At the moment I don't have those pages handy but
will post later with the url's

If you are out in the country you are SOL for coverage and AMPS is NOT being
shut down in 2008, it is up to the providers if they choose to carry the
service and alarm systems are only a very small part of the traffic