Re: Compass over Telular? + Plasma cutter detection

> Doesnt matter anymore. Thanks for your response though. I was being "used"
> as design-bidder for another company. For weeks I've been trying to put a
> bid/design together for a big contractor with lots of these shipping
> containers with equipment in them...freekin turns out they were just using
> me to figure out what should be done so then could have their own
> "security
> dept" put the stuff in and monitor it themselves. Good thing I didn't
> actually give them any specs yet! Freekin waste of time.

I get that from government agencies all the time.  I tell them to send me
the bid spec or a quote request to write the bid spec.  If they waffle I
know immediately they were wasting my time.  I used to write precise bids
for these outfits with obscure terminology and part or model numbers, but
with the current level of the interenet its too easy for them to reconstruct
my bids and find the main stream popular names and part numbers now.  Now I
ask them if they have a formal bid request out.

Yes, big general contractors do this a lot too, but after once or twice you
know who they are in an area and you just quit responding to their requests.
A few I have flat out told to quit calling me.  They will also get quotes
just to keep their favorites in line, but you never had a chance of getting
their business unless you bid to lose money.  Screw that.  Life is too short
to work for unethical scum.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com